1/30/2015

Automatic TOC bid reporting

I was putting in some tiebreaker sets somewhere a few days ago when I noticed a new tab for TOC bids under Rules and Results. I clicked on it a bit and it didn't work, but I went back in today and, lo and behold, it seems to be set up. This is a nice idea. As someone who tabs tournaments for other people who might not know how to report bids, i.e., colleges, and tending to forget it myself because, well, it's not my tournament, having the reporting done automatically is a nice touch. I'm not sure if this is actually functional yet, but if it isn't, it will be soon enough.

That's one of the things to keep an eye out for these days. The basic machine of tabroom's tabbing is working pretty well, and although no problem is completely bug-free (Word was driving me crazy today at my Day Job, for example), things usually go fine. Which means that they can start looking at some of the niceties, the little features that go a long way to making tournament directors happy. In other words, it's not just about sitting there during the tournament creating pairings. It's the set up and the aftermath as well. Points reporting to the NSDA is obviously another nicety that will be coming soon enough, no doubt, given that the program is now under their auspices.

There are still people afraid of tabroom, who insist on using TRPC, and as often as not, bouncing back and forth between tabroom and TRPC to try to milk what they can of the former while still holding on to the security blanket of the latter. Oh, well. Sooner or later, they'll make the leap.

No comments:

Post a Comment