1/16/2015

Using multiple devices

Quick tip: Sometimes you work on a computer in the tab room, and during the tournament want to walk around using your tablet or phone to scare up a missing judge or whatever. Problem is, if you log in on a different device, you lose the log-in on the last device. Simple fix: Give yourself two different accesses to the tournament. Give admin rights to the tournament to a second email (create one if you need to). I generally log in with my gmail account but if I want a second access, I use my Yahoo account.

It's a small detail, but it can make things just that much more convenient.

2 comments:

  1. I've actually made it so you can log into 2 devices at once.

    The limit exists though to prevent people from sharing their password to 8 people at the same time at a tournament without realizing this carries other negative consequences. Which used to happen a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing that I didn't realize this because I always have 3 devices active, computer, phone and iPad.

    ReplyDelete